So I have been extremely hesitant, okay, downright resistant to flash non-official software (ex Cyanogenmod) on my Note. My primary reasoning has been for preservation of Samsung specific features, such as Multi-window and and S-Pen functionality. As such, I have been running rooted and de-bloated stock Samsung software, stuck on Jellybean.
This wouldn’t have bothered me so much if both other variations of my model hadn’t already received an Android 4.4 update with no sign of one in the future for the American wifi model. As such, I finally took the plunge with a converted firmware.
The Rom is Android Revolution HD by mike1986, and It bears some extra unnecessary phone and messaging apps that I haven’t experimented with removing. I simply put my device into airplane mode, and everything is performing the same or better than on 4.2, so I’m more than satisfied. I use it daily both at home and in the office.
Here’s what I had to do:
- Install the ROM as usual, boot up, and begin your basic setup.
- Head Here to download the latest Boeffla KitKat Kernel for your tablet.
- Install your KitKat ONLY kernel from recovery (TWRP or CWM) and boot your tablet once more.
- Head Here and download the Wifi fix for N801x.
- Install the Wifi Fix from recovery (TWRP or CWM) and reboot your tablet.
And that should be it