Android Development Utility
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
Quite simply, this is a menu-based interface coupled with nearly all of the .jars, packages, and files necessary for android development. Using this you can decompile/compile .apks and the vast assortment of features associated with this as well as baksmali/smali .dex files and even sign your .zips! This is the interface I currently personally use to streamline my edits combined into an easy installer. This will create a shortcut in your start menu, as well as provide an uninstaller. I’m always looking to streamline more!
Decompile framework-res.apk and systemui.apk for theming purposes!
Rebuild framework.jar to include the latest mod that your favorite rom just doesn’t have!
WHAT ELSE IS NEEDED:
Java [For functionality]
Gimp [For png and .9.png editing]
Winmerge [For easily identifying file changes]
Notepad++ [For smali and xml edits]
7zip Archiver [For creating/managing .zips]
A general knowledge of everything mentioned!
- First and foremost, I will not be providing intricate and detailed directions with this.
- This will remove almost any need to ever have to enter command-line code by simplifying everything into simple menus and performing the code for you!
- I only take partial claim to this, as I’ve only written the over-arching interface, the smali/baksmali interface, and fixes.
- This is provided primarily for personal modifications. Please do not make a few minor changes to an existing rom and call it your own.
- When using my Dex manager to Smali/Baksmali, it may say “File Not Found” and appear to work anyway. It will work anyway. All this indicates is that prior to performing its function it is removing a preexisting directory or classes.dex to avoid overwrite issues and that none currently exists.
- -Sometimes baksmali will not properly perform, but running it again usually solves that.
The following can be downloaded and flashed through CWM:
(Rename from ‘.bin’ to ‘.msi’.)
Version 1.1.0 (10/10/2012 )
- Fixed ICS compatibility
- Fixed the item 10 not showing
- Updated smali/baksmali
- Included rom .zip signer
-Removed rogue classes file (reduced install size)
-Redesigned AutoSigner menu in line with overall menu
-New versions should install over old versions
-Version number shown in cmd header
-New splash screen
-Added shortcut to kitchen folder for easier file management
-Fixed issue with APK Manager not including requisite folders