Device: Samsung Epic 4G
Base Rom: 2.3.6 FC09 Gingerbread
Status: Official Build [Stable]
“Where Serenity meets Simplicity, Epic made easy.”
CIQ Removed | Modified Sprint Hotspot | Silent/Vibrate Volume | Extended Power Menu Options
Voodoo Sound & Color | GPS Fix | Low Battery Camera&Video Player
1x Signal Mod | Battery Full Pop-Up Mod
[Lite] Included Apps:
Adaway | Polaris Office | Modded Gallery | Miu Music | Black Dolphin Mini Browser
ES File Manager | Adao Task Manager | Flash Player | USB Tether | Terminal
Swipepad | Voodoo Control | Swype Installer | GPS Status | GAPPS
[Full] Additional Apps:
Books | GenieWidget | Voice Search | MyBackUp Root | Transparent XDA
TubeMate | Flashlight | VoiceToGo | Live Wallpapers | CarHome | Memo
MyFiles | Gtalk w/Video | Voice Dialer | DRM Support
Serenicity Wallpaper (No-Scroll)
- Rooted Epic 4G
- 220.127.116.11 CWM (Or Newer) BML
- 18.104.22.168 CWM (Or Newer) MTD
Rooting Your Phone:
- Option A: Odin the .tar for EC05 deodexed EXT4.
- Option B: Use one-click to root nearly any current setup.
Converting To MTD:
- Option A: Flash the RDU BML to MTD Conversion Utility from CWM 22.214.171.124.
- Option B: Flash a rom like CM9 from CWM 126.96.36.199.
2. Serenicity’s newest installer will determine how to install your phone:
– Running a different rom? Serenicity will attempt to preserve your data.
– Want to do a clean install? Wipe your phone and install like any other rom.
6. Reboot and enjoy your blazing fast, battery-sipping Epic.
- Open Terminal Emulator and enter the following:
This will freeze Updates, SNS, and DRM services the same way Titanium Backup would. Substituting “superdefrost” for “superfreeze” will thaw these services out instead.
- Heavily recommended is to disable data syncing (not 3G data) once you’ve imported your contacts and to reduce screen brightness to the lowest comfortable level, disabling auto brightness.
- Adao Task Killer has been included and pre-configured. Simply place a widget on one of your homescreens, and click it to quickly and safely close all erroneous apps/services. Auto-kill is disabled and an ignore list is included.
- Adaway is included, but may need to be run to check for updates.
- The default installation is Full.
- If you don’t know what’s stripped in the Lite version, you probably want Full.
- If you want to overclock, check out Tegrak , SetCpu, or VoltageControl.
- If you notice any major issues like Force Closes, wipe and reinstall.
- DRM will only be installed with a Full installation to save battery.
- Google Nav GPS works wonderfully fast and accurate.
- Sprint Hotspot will work freely, use it without fear.
The following can be downloaded and flashed through CWM:
- Serenicity V FC09
2.3.6 FC09 Serenicity (6/15/2012 )
- Kernel [MTD]: ShadowKernel-FC09 Custom
- Kernel [BML]: ShadowKernel-FC09 Custom
- superfreeze command fixed for drm-free lite version
- updated install method to include BML kernel
- drm officially not included in lite version
- general performance enhancements
- updated build.prop and ram script
- further cleaned installation
- swipe-away notifications
- accurate battery stats
- updated busybox
First and foremost, a huge thanks to the guys at Samfirmware for making this possible!
This rom incorporates the work of many AndroidCentral and XDA users.
Huge thanks to the development community. This is Open Source!